Wednesday 17 August 2011

A breathtaking Wedding I stumbled Upon...


Central California Wedding by Abby Ross Photography

July 29th. 2010 by Erin | Filed Under | 78 comments
Oh happy morning. We are going to start the day off right with what could quite possibly be the most breathtaking dress I’ve laid eyes on. And it so fits the chic yet remarkably laid back personality of this central coast wedding. Shot by a true artist, Abby Ross, the photography is just as beautiful as the dress and all in all this wedding gets a big, fat standing O. And with so many lovely images and so little room, you must, must check out the gallery for the full whammy. It is drool all over your keyboard gorgeous.
Central CA wedding 10
Central CA wedding 1
Central CA wedding
Central CA wedding 3
Central CA wedding 2
Central CA wedding 4
Central CA wedding 6
Central CA wedding 8
central CA wedding 7
Photography by Abby Ross
Event Planning/Design by Atlas and Campbell
Event & Floral Design by TFS Studio
Central CA wedding 9
Central CA wedding 5
To top off this stunning wedding, we have a lovely Super 8mm film to share from Lola Film & Video. Take a gander at this beauty…

From the Bride:
Oh the pressure of describing this day is almost as tough as designing and choosing the details that created it. It was a big year for me leading up to our wedding. My then fiance (now husband) bought me my first letterpress for my birthday. I was dead set on making our wedding invitations. So while I was in the throws of designing and planning a wedding for a year I also started my beloved company Atlas & Campbell with my friend and now business partner Tracy. I am still tired thinking back on it. Our wedding invitation that we designed lead to not only a business together but also the color scheme and feel of our wedding. I wanted something neutral (my favorite color is grey, so that wasn’t difficult) and understated so that the style would last forever. I also wanted something not too terribly girly so that the day could be as much Nick’s as it was mine. He also loves indoor/outdoor spaces so I knew Crossroads Estate was it.
The location and the dress (how could anything be difficult with a dress like that, right?) were the easiest part of designing our wedding. It was strange though; I am such a decisive person, and when it comes to designing wedding suites for our clients the choices and decisions are clear to me. But when it came to our wedding, it was just so difficult to decide. I of course would get stuck on the littlest details. Like the ribbon Tracy found, was hand died silk ribbon but I wanted the ends to be frayed so that nothing was too polished while still remaining elegant. Poor Tracy worked with me until the wee hours of the night (several times) to get it all done. I could go on and on about the details of our wedding, which I loved and still think about, but mostly it was the team of incredibly talented people that I worked with to create such a beautiful day for Nick, our friends and families and for me. It takes a village, and I LOVED my village! The day was truly beautiful on all levels and I will never get tired of looking through our photos (I mean, Abby Ross is pure genius, right?!), the memories, feelings, details all come rushing back.
Photography: Abby Ross / Cinematography: Lola Film & Video / Flowers: TFS Studio / Event Design:Atlas & Campbell and TFS Studio / Event Planning: The Bride / Location: Crossroads Estate, Los Olivos, CA / Invitations and Wedding Accessories: Atlas & Campbell / Shoes: Christian Louboutin / Dress:Monique Lhuillier / Grooms Tux: Hugo Boss / Day of Coordination: Joy de Vivre / Makeup: Shannon Jordan of Flirt Makeup / Hair: Nada Stolz / Rentals: Classic Party Rentals / Music: Earl Alexander Band with de Bois Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment